1/1 Photo of Delicious Chicken Poblano
This recipe came from a girl I work with!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shake pepper and thyme on chicken breasts.
- 2Melt butter in skillet and brown the chicken (do not cook all the way thru because you are still going to put it in the oven).
- 3Set aside in a baking dish and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 4In a saute pan, melt butter and saute onion and poblano peppers till soft.
- 5Take 3/4 of the onion and pepper mixture and place in blender along with a dash of salt.
- 6Add sour cream and whipping cream to reach a thick consistency (about 1/4 of the carton).
- 7Turn on blender and puree, leaving some of the texture- set aside.
- 8Place chicken breasts in a baking dish, squeeze lime juice on each breast, then pour the pureed mixture over them.
- 9Take the remainder of the peppers and onion and place them on top of the chickens.
- 10Cover the top with cheese and lightly sprinkle thyme on top of everything.
- 11Place in the oven uncovered for 25 minutes- the cheese will be starting to brown by then.
- 12Serving suggestion: With rice!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Chicken Poblano
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 913.5
- Calories from Fat 690
- Total Fat 76.7 g
- Saturated Fat 42.6 g
- Cholesterol 290.5 mg
- Sodium 494.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 43.8 g