This recipe came from a girl I work with!
Make and share this Delicious Chicken Poblano recipe from Food.com.
- Shake pepper and thyme on chicken breasts.
- Melt butter in skillet and brown the chicken (do not cook all the way thru because you are still going to put it in the oven).
- Set aside in a baking dish and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a saute pan, melt butter and saute onion and poblano peppers till soft.
- Take 3/4 of the onion and pepper mixture and place in blender along with a dash of salt.
- Add sour cream and whipping cream to reach a thick consistency (about 1/4 of the carton).
- Turn on blender and puree, leaving some of the texture- set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish, squeeze lime juice on each breast, then pour the pureed mixture over them.
- Take the remainder of the peppers and onion and place them on top of the chickens.
- Cover the top with cheese and lightly sprinkle thyme on top of everything.
- Place in the oven uncovered for 25 minutes- the cheese will be starting to brown by then.
- Serving suggestion: With rice!