Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is Paula Deen's recipe for "Gobbler Cobbler" but I used chicken and did it my way. It is definitely a keeper--so good!
- 1 (6 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend, cooked as directed
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can French style green beans
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) boxrolled pie crusts, ready to bake
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the rice according to package instructions and set aside.
- Sauté onions, peppers, and mushrooms in oil and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except 1 cup of cheese and pie crust, into large bowl and mix well.
- Pour into greased 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Top with remaining 1 cup cheese and set aside.
- Roll out pie crust, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips and cover dish in lattice design, then brush dough lightly with egg.
- Place in 350°F oven for 30 minutes, when top is golden brown, remove, let cool, and enjoy.
- This dish is an excellent way to use holiday turkey leftovers, plus it freezes well.
This is almost 900 calories per serving! It better be very, very good at that rate.