Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is Paula Deen's recipe for "Gobbler Cobbler" but I used chicken and did it my way. It is definitely a keeper--so good!
- 1 (6 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend, cooked as directed
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can French style green beans
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) boxrolled pie crusts, ready to bake
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the rice according to package instructions and set aside.
- Sauté onions, peppers, and mushrooms in oil and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except 1 cup of cheese and pie crust, into large bowl and mix well.
- Pour into greased 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Top with remaining 1 cup cheese and set aside.
- Roll out pie crust, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips and cover dish in lattice design, then brush dough lightly with egg.
- Place in 350°F oven for 30 minutes, when top is golden brown, remove, let cool, and enjoy.
- This dish is an excellent way to use holiday turkey leftovers, plus it freezes well.