Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one I found on the web. It's a top request.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 12 ounces total
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chef paul prudhomme meat magic seasoning, in all
- 2 cups defatted chicken stock, in all
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 6 ounces pasta (fettucini or angel hair work well, but use your favorite)
- Cut the chicken into thin strips, place in a small bowl and combine thoroughly with 2 teaspoons of the Meat Magic Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Place a skillet over high heat and add the white onions, celery, bell pepper and the remaining 1 teaspoon of Meat Magic.
- Cook over high heat, shaking pan and stirring occasionally (don't scrape!) for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken stock, start scraping up the browned coating on the bottom of the pan and cook another 4 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken mixture and cook 4 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir well, cooking another 2 minutes.
- Now add the mushrooms and garlic, folding in carefully so the mushrooms don't break.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken stock and scrape up the pan bottom.
- Cook 4 minutes and add another 1/2 cup stock, stirring and scraping.
- Continue cooking another 5 minutes, then add the green onions and the remaining 1/2 cup stock.
- Stir and scrape well.
- Cook 5 more minutes and remove from heat.
This is really good, I doubled the recipe but didnt use green onions because the kids dont like them. This was really good, the seasonings were good, I havent had the Paul Prudomme seasoning before. I used skinless thighs. Thanks for posting!!