Recipe by Anita Cryder
I got this recipe a few years ago and everyone that I have made it for absolutely loves it! It's great with pasta on the side.
Top Review by Sherri at the Beach
I am wondering what I did wrong but this was kind of bland to us. I did use Panko bread crumbs as that was what I had on hand and I added thyme and oregano to crumbs. I like the idea of making homemade chicken parmesan so I will make this again just with more italian seasonings next time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 jar meatless sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces spaghetti (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Combine bread crumbs and 1/2 of the parmesan cheese into small bowl.
- Mix well.
- Dip chicken breasts into egg and coat.
- Then, dip into bread crumb and cheese mixture.
- Heat oil and fry breaded chicken on both sides for about 5 minutes.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into a 13x9 baking dish.
- Top with chicken.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Pull out and top with mozzarella and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for another 7-10 minutes.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti or pasta of your choice.