1/1 Photo of Delicious Chicken Paella
This is a very tasty chicken dish, and easy to throw together. I have made this for myself and DH, so it will serve 2-3 hungry people, it's the perfect meal for a smaller family. This whole dish is prepared in an extra large frypan on top of stove, but if desired you may place the frypan in the oven (at 325 degrees) to cook the rice and chicken, just be certain to use an oven-safe frypan with lid. If you do not have a large enough frypan, just use a non-stick larger size pot. Although I have only prepared this recipe using the stated amounts, I am guessing that this may be doubled successfully, maybe 2 cups rice with 5 cups of broth, with 2 cans of diced tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken legs with thigh
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, coarsley chopped
- 3 -4 fresh minced garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 1 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 3 cups good quality chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons capers (or to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 14 -15 green Spanish olives (with pimento, or to taste)
- 3/4-1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted peppers, strips
- 1Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- 2Brown chicken in an extra large frypan (with a tight-fitting lid) on all sides; remove to a plate.
- 3In the same frypan, Saute onion, garlic and chopped celery (if using).
- 4Stir in rice; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- 5Add in diced tomatoes (with juice) chicken broth, capers and cayenne pepper; mix to combine.
- 6Place and press the browned chicken down into the liquid.
- 7Cover the pan with lid.
- 8Bring to a slow simmer; reduce heat to very low.
- 9Cook until rice is tender (about 30-40 minutes).
- 10Add/stir in the olives and peas with a wooden spoon.
- 11Arrange the roasted pepper strips on top of the rice.
- 12Cover pan again for about 3-5 minutes, or until peas are hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Chicken Paella
Serving Size: 1 (883 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1481.4
- Calories from Fat 649
- Total Fat 72.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 376.8 mg
- Sodium 1933.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 102.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: