This is so simple, so yummy and a great way of using up leftover chicken or turkey-especially over the holidays. It’s slightly different from most recipes as it uses sour cream and cottage cheese, but it works a treat! A firm favourite in my house-especially with my husband, who is not a pasta fan. A real crowd pleaser!
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 473.18 ml hot water
- 226.79 g thin spaghetti
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 236.59 ml milk
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml cottage cheese
- 473.18 ml diced cooked chicken
- 113.39 g jar sliced mushrooms
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
- 118.29 ml grated cheddar cheese
- In a saucepam combine bouillon cubes and hot water.Cook over low heat until cubes dissolve.
- Boil the spaghetti in the bouillon until cooked. Set aside.
- In another saucepan melt the butter. Add the flour, salt, pepper and cayenne. Blend thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk. Add the sour cream, cottage cheese, chicken, mushroom and parsley.
- Mix thoroughly, and bring to a boil.
- Add the spaghetti.
- Pour the mixture into a large baking dish. Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for approx 40 minutes, until top is golden brown.
Very delicious way to use leftover turkey. This is the 3rd tetrazzini recipe we've tried after Thanksgiving holiday and my DH says it was the best one! Instead of chicken bouillon and water, I used 2 cups of chicken stock. I drained the sliced mushrooms, and there was still plenty of moisture left. Overall a family-style dish that I will turn to again and again. Thanks, Noo! Made for PRMR tag game.
Made as directed. I have never had Tetrazzini before. I thought it was pretty good, the guests that were over all loved it. So it passes the test! Great recipe, made for PRMR!!!!
Great way to use leftover chicken. As has been said before, the sour cream and cottage cheese keep this moist. I sauteed some fresh mushrooms for this and we enjoyed it. Thanks Noo for sharing. Made for PRMR tag.