Recipe by polly salama
this is a favorite at our house. a friend of mine made something similar and i changed it around to get this recipe. the buttermilk makes the chicken very juicy and tender. i learned that at a restaraunt i used to work for.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Delicious! If you love lemon flavor, this a great recipe for you! We thought the chicken came out very moist and tender and the lemon taste was very pleasant. I did cook the chicken in less oil (approximately 2 Tbsp.) for health reasons, which added some extra cooking time, but still produced a crisp crust and delicious flavor. I will make this again.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (trim All the fat off)
- 4 lemons, juice of
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 pint buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup oil (of your chioce)
Directions See How It's Made
- the night before cooking the chicken,put it in a zip lock baggie with the buttermilk.
- the next day rinse the chicken off and marinate in lemon juice with garlic and as much ground pepper as you like.
- leave for at least three hours.
- dredge the chicken through the whisked eggs and then add bread crumbs to cover both sides of chicken.
- heat the oil to hot but not smoking and add the chicken breasts.
- fry on each side for about 4-5 minutes.
- you can also cut the chicken into strips before you put in the buttermilk and have chicken lemone tenders.