Recipe by XAnnette
This chicken fricassee recipe has wine and sour cream and mushrooms. I suggest serving this over wild rice. Yummy!
Top Review by Tamaretta
We all thought this was a tasty weeknight meal. The only thing was I wasn't sure exactly how much chicken (i.e. lbs) or whether you used light or dark meat. I used three lg boneless, skinless breasts I pounded and cooked for only about 10 mins. Also for me, 4 Tablespoons of cornstarch turned my gravy into sludge. I scooped out about 1/2 and added another cup of water. Next time I would start with 2 Tbls and go from there. We did enjoy the flavor however and I liked that it could all be done on the stovetop. Thanks for posting!
- 12 pieces skinless chicken
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (optional)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken over high heat in a deep saute pan or dutch oven coated with nonstick spray.
- Remove chicken to a platter.
- Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to same pan and cook for at least 3 minutes, or until vegis are soft.
- If you are using wine, add it now and cook over high heat 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups of broth, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Combine the cornstarch with the remaining cup of broth mixing thoroughly.
- Add to pan and stir until broth thickens slightly.
- Return chicken to pan and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Removed from heat and add the spices and sour cream.
- Sprinkle with parsley.