1/1 Photo of Delicious Chicken Fricassee
This chicken fricassee recipe has wine and sour cream and mushrooms. I suggest serving this over wild rice. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 pieces skinless chicken
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1/4 cups nonfat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1Brown chicken over high heat in a deep saute pan or dutch oven coated with nonstick spray.
- 2Remove chicken to a platter.
- 3Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to same pan and cook for at least 3 minutes, or until vegis are soft.
- 4If you are using wine, add it now and cook over high heat 1 minute.
- 5Add 3 cups of broth, and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- 7Combine the cornstarch with the remaining cup of broth mixing thoroughly.
- 8Add to pan and stir until broth thickens slightly.
- 9Return chicken to pan and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- 10Removed from heat and add the spices and sour cream.
- 11Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Chicken Fricassee
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.0
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 414.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: