My friend made something similar to this a couple years ago and I LOVED it. So I decided to make my own version. It's a no-brainer... especially when you buy the roasted chicken from the store beforehand. I make this for game days or dinners... they are ALWAYS a hit with my family and friends. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 roasted whole chicken (either bought from the grocery store or home baked)
- 24 corn tortillas (I like white, use more or less depending on the chicken)
- 28 ounces green enchilada sauce (I use La Victoria)
- 4 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese (more or less, depending how cheesy you like it)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning (use judgment since chicken sizes vary)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil (use more or less)
- 1I HAVE TWO WAYS --
- 2**********The First way**********.
- 3Preheat oven to 350.
- 4Shred chicken into a medium sized bowl (This is probably my least favorite thing to do).
- 5Add Mexican seasoning, salt and pepper, basil, and green chiles to shredded chicken.
- 6Place oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- 7Place 3 tortillas on a paper towel, place in microwave for 20 sec.
- 8Immediately, start putting the chicken mixture into the tortilla, roll up, place in oil.
- 9Flip over when one side is light brown.
- 10Remove from skillet, tilt the rolled tortilla to drain excess oil onto paper towel, place in large pan.
- 11Repeat process until all the chicken is gone.
- 12Empty the entire Green Sauce on top of the rolled tortillas.
- 13Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover entire pan. (I like mine SUPER cheesy!).
- 14Lightly season with mexican seasoning.
- 15Bake for 20-30 minutes. Cheese should be bubbling and lightly browned.
- 16*******The Second Way*******.
- 17This method entirely omits the oil and frying.
- 18Grease the bottom of the baking pan with Pam.
- 19Place 8 corn tortillas on the bottom of the pan.
- 20Place half of the chicken mixture on top of that.
- 21Pour between 1/4 to 1/2 of the green sauce can onto the mixture.
- 22Place 8 more tortillas on top.
- 23Place remaining chicken on top of that.
- 24Pour rest of the green sauce.
- 25Cover with cheese and season with Mexican seasoning.
- 26Bake for 20-30 minutes. Cheese should be bubbling and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Chicken Enchiladas (With Green Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 824.4
- Calories from Fat 599
- Total Fat 66.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 115.9 mg
- Sodium 679.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: