Recipe by happynana
I took a recipe I had, and because a lack of several ingredients, I revamped it. DH loved it even more and said I should post it. It provided us with a nice dinner.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
We eat a lot of chicken breasts at our house, & since I'm always looking for new & tasty ways of preparing them, this recipe was right up my alley! Easy to put together & a delight to eat ~ The tomato & chili sauce was wonderful! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #39]
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beat with fork
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (total was about 9 ounces)
- 3⁄4 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, Panko preferred
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced seasoned tomatoes and green chilies (for chili dishes)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or more)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 8 or 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Put flour on plate and egg in bowl.
- Dip chicken in flour and then into egg mixture.
- Place in prepared pan.
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and butter until mixed.
- Sprinkle over chicken.
- Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until top is browned.
- While chicken is cooking, in a bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, diced red onions and olive oil.
- Remove chicken from oven when browned.
- Spoon tomato mixture on chicken.
- Sprinkle lightly with pepper again, if desired.
- Return to oven and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through.