Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Quick, easy, and great for family get-togethers. You can use the reduced-fat croissant rolls for this recipe.
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 2 -3 cups chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- cooking spray
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent roll dough
- 1 tablespoon light butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the chicken, celery, water chestnuts, soup, mayonnaise and sour cream in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Put the chicken mixture into a 9x13 baking dish that has been coated with the cooking spray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until celery is crisp-tender.
- Remove the casserole from the oven.
- Unroll the croissant dough into flat pieces and cover the chicken mixture with the slices of dough.
- Drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the croissant topping is turning golden brown.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 1-2 more minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Really great recipe. I used fat free everything, and the low fat crescent rolls and it was still delicious.