The Stuebingers's Note:
Good for you, and the cumin adds a nice kick! My husband asks me to make this all the time - I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup salsa (we use Pace medium)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1Spray sauce pan with cooking spray, add the chicken, and cook until done.
- 2Add broth, cumin, rice, and red pepper. Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook for 20 minutes, covered.
- 3Stir in corn, black beans, salsa, and lime juice. This is also where you'll add the cilantro if you choose to use it. Heat through.
- 4Serve warm.
- 5Tip: Serve with sour cream and scoop a spoonful on top before eating. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Chicken Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.6
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 1154.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 29.0 g