Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Good for you, and the cumin adds a nice kick! My husband asks me to make this all the time - I hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup salsa (we use Pace medium)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream, to serve with it (I highly recommend it!) (optional)
- Spray sauce pan with cooking spray, add the chicken, and cook until done.
- Add broth, cumin, rice, and red pepper. Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook for 20 minutes, covered.
- Stir in corn, black beans, salsa, and lime juice. This is also where you'll add the cilantro if you choose to use it. Heat through.
- Serve warm.
- Tip: Serve with sour cream and scoop a spoonful on top before eating. ENJOY!