1/1 Photo of Delicious Chicken Burger With Unagi Sauce
Chef #655770's Note:
This is a fusion of 2 recipes I came across while I was planning to serve Chicken Burger for the family's meal. I saw the Chicken Patty recipe in the net while the idea of using Unagi Sauce for my sauce in the burger is taken from one of our local cook magazine here in the Philippines. The celery and parsley in the patty give a distinct taste compared to the usual chicken burger I am used to. The original recipe calls for left-over chicken - I used fresh ground chicken. The good thing also about this patty is you can store them for a month in the freezer and they still taste yummy. The unagi sauce complements the taste of the patty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups chicken, finely chopped (fresh or left over from another dish)
- 1 cup Japanese-style bread crumbs
- 2 cups water (omit if using left over chicken)
- 1Chicken Patties :.
- 2If using fresh ground chicken, season chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Simmer in 2 cups of water until ground chicken turned white in color. Drain and set aside. If using left-over chicken, finely chopped left over chicken and set aside.
- 3In a medium saucepan, saute onion and celery in 3 tbsp butter until tender. Stir in flour until smooth. Add 1 cup milk; mix well. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- 4Add parsley, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, onion salt and celery salt. Add the chicken, Remove from heat. Chill until completely cooled.
- 5Shape into 6 round patties or square, as desired (using about 1/3 cup mixture for each patty*.).
- 6Roll in crumbs, then dip into remaining 1/3 cup buttermilk; Roll again in crumbs. (Patties may be frozen at this point).
- 7In a skillet, cook patties in remaining 3 tbsp butter for 3 minutes on each side.
- 8*For frozen patties, cook in butter for 5 - 6 minutes on each side or until golden and heated through.
- 9Chicken Burger :.
- 10In another hot pan, sear whole onion slices until golden brown and caramelized.
- 11Assemble the burgers. Spread bottom half with Japanese mayonnaise. Then sprinkle with Toragashi Powder (optional). Set chicken patty in bun or slice of loaf bread and top with a few seared onion slices.
- 12Spread Unagi Sauce on the onions.
- 13Cover with top bun or slice of loan bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Chicken Burger With Unagi Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (563 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2382.8
- Calories from Fat 1430
- Total Fat 158.9 g
- Saturated Fat 51.6 g
- Cholesterol 739.0 mg
- Sodium 3023.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 182.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: