1/3 Photos of Delicious Chicken Avocado Salad Sandwiches
Deelish!! Wonderful combination of flavors that makes a tasty and satisfying lunch or quick dinner. Great use of leftover chicken or canned chicken breast. I hope you enjoy these chicken salad sandwiches as much as we do. Tip: If you don't have access to fresh lovage, use triple the amount of fresh celery leaves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed (or use two 12.5 ounce cans Swanson's White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast, well drained)
- 1 ripe firm tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lovage, leaf finely chopped (or fresh celery leaf)
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder, to taste
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 2 firm ripe avocados, cubed
- 8 slices fresh white bread, lightly toasted
- lettuce (optional)
- sliced cheese (optional)
- 1In a medium bowl, stir together the drained chicken chunks, chopped tomato, lovage or celery leaf, snipped marjoram, onion powder, lemon juice, and mayonnaise.
- 2Fold in the avocado cubes, stirring gently to combine.
- 3Spread equal amounts on the toasted bread and make a sandwich.
- 4Add a lettuce leaf or slice of cheese, as desired. Enjoy!
- 5Tip: Cover and refrigerate any leftover chicken salad for up to three days.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Chicken Avocado Salad Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.4
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.8 mg
- Sodium 481.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: