Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple recipe for chicken. The recipe comes from a lable on a can of Butterball low sodium Chicken broth.
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 22.18 ml cornstarch
- 22.18 ml prepared mustard
- 9.85 ml dried dill weed
- 29.58 ml butter
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 236.59 ml diced onion
- 946.36 ml hot cooked wide egg noodles
- In a bowl, combine chicken broth, cornstarch,mustard and dill weed; mix well and set aside.
- Heat butter in large skillet; saute chicken and onion until lightly browned.
- Slowly add chicken broth to chicken, stirring constantly over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil;Reduce heat and cook until slightly thickned.
- Pour chicken mixture over hot cooked noodles and toss, serve.
I made this in my crockpot using 1t dry dill, 1.5t dry mustard, 2 potatoes, 2c chicken stock, no butter or egg noodles and cooked on low for 8 hours and put the cornstarch in during the last 10 minutes. This really is delicious!
This was really good and easy, but as Megan said a bit bland. I used fresh dill and added some garlic but other than that pretty much followed the recipe. Thanks for sharing Barb!
It's a good, quick meal. However, it is too bland for my tastes.