1/4 Photos of Delicious Cheesy Baked Potato & Bacon Soup
This is a delicious creamy thick soup. I make it quite often, it's a family favorite, I also add in some cayenne pepper, if you are not a lover of garlic you may omit--- It is so filling that I usually just serve it as a main meal with crusty bread on the side, and a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2/3 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled and cubed
- 4 -6 green onions, chopped
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper (I use seasoned salt)
- 1In a large soup pot melt butter over medium-high heat.
- 2Add in garlic; cook stirring for about 2 minutes.
- 3Add in flour then stir until smooth (about 1 minute).
- 4Gradually add milk and half and half stirring constantly until thickened and smooth.
- 5Add potatoes and onions; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 6Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Add remaining ingredients; stir until cheese is melted.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Cheesy Baked Potato & Bacon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.3
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.5 g
- Saturated Fat 28.6 g
- Cholesterol 136.7 mg
- Sodium 491.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 16.8 g