1/8 Photos of Delicious Cheesy Bacon and Green Onion Potato Skins
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
These are easy to make and can be made hours in advance or a day ahead and chilled until ready to pop in the oven, instead of cheddar you can use a mixture of you favorite cheeses, I like using marbled mixed with the cheddar. If you are serving these as an appetizer you can use 10-12 small russet potatoes instead of large --- all ingredients may be adjusted to taste --- these are very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large russet potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 10-15 slice bacon (cooked until crisp and chopped)
- 709.77-946.36 ml cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1.23-2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 6-7 green onions, finely chopped
- sour cream or barbecue sauce
- 1Set oven to 400°F.
- 2Wash the outside of the potatoes, then dry very well.
- 3Place on a baking sheet.
- 4Bake for about 1 hour, or until the potatoes are tender (cooking time will vary depending on the size of potatoes).
- 5Cool until able to handle.
- 6Keep the oven heat to 400°F.
- 7Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- 8Scoop out the pulp leaving about 1/2-inch thick layer of the cooked potato on the skins.
- 9Oil a large baking sheet.
- 10Place the skins on the baking sheet (skin side down, pulp side facing upwards).
- 11Sprinkle the inside with salt and pepper and grated Parmesan cheese (if using).
- 12In a bowl combine the shredded cheese, chopped bacon, parsley and cayenne pepper; mix to combine.
- 13Evenly divide the cheese mixture over top of the skins.
- 14At this point you can cover tightly with plastic wrap refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 15Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the skins are crisp and the cheese melts.
- 16Transfer the skins to a platter and sprinkle with finely chopped green onions.
- 17Serve with sour cream and/or barbecue sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Cheesy Bacon and Green Onion Potato Skins
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.1
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 243.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 11.7 g