Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are fantastic! and great to serve to your guests, combine the mayo mixture, and cook bacon a day ahead to save time. I purchase the small sliced pumpernickel bread for this. This will make about 12 "toasts" so you might want to consider doubling the recipe, I always do! Servings is only estimated, if you slice the toasts in half after baking you will have 24 servings. You will just love these...I promise! I make them for my get togethers, and my guests can never get enough of them, it is a huge favorite!
- 5 -6 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup canned black olives, well drained pitted and finely chopped
- 1 large green onion, about 3 tablespoons finely chopped (can use chives)
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- 12 slices rye bread (purchase the small, sliced party rye or pumpernickel for this)
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine cooked chopped bacon, olives, green onions (or chives if using) parsley, mayo, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce spread on the bread slices.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Place the slices on the baking sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
- *NOTE* if desired you can slice the bread in half after baking or serve whole, depending on how large your bread slice is.