Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is another quick and easy and delicious bread machine recipe! This recipe was given to me by my neighbor, who always is the beneficiary of loaves of bread from me! You can substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast for the active dry yeast. Do not use the delay bake function for this bread. Cook time is an estimate but may vary depending on your bread machine.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread machine flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives or 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons regular active dry yeast
- Place all the ingredients into your bread machine according to the manufacturers directions and bake on the white bread cycle.
I reduced the recipe to make a 1 lb. loaf, and added 2 TSP of garlic powder. Did not work well on the "quick bake" function, really needs time to rise. Wonderful, moist, dense sandwich bread. People seem to like the garlic version better.
I can't believe that I never rated this bread! I have been making this for quite awhile now - it is my boyfriend's favourite bread. I do only add 1.5 teaspoons of yeast though because otherwise the bread hits the top of the bread machine and opens the lid because it rises so high. Thanks for posting a keeper!
i've made this twice now and was fantastic both times. I baked it instead of using a bread maching, wonderful!