Recipe by wildschwein
Very tasty recipe for Ceylon Pork Curry!
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Double delicious pork curry! I made this as part of an Indian banquet, and this was the hit of the night. At step 5, mine was cooked in about an hour. Even though I covered the pan, I had to add a little water to keep the curry from sticking. My only ingredient changes were to double the fenugreek seeds and to use regular sugar as I couldn't find my packet of raw. Better go buy more as I will be making this often. Thanks for posting.
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 20 curry leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 large onions (sliced)
- 5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (chopped)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 kg pork (diced)
- 3 tablespoons ceylon curry powder
- 2 chilies (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 400 ml coconut milk (tinned)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to pan.
- Add curry leaves and fenugreek seeds to pan, and fire for a moment or two.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger, and fry over medium heat until golden brown (around 20 minutes).
- Add diced pork, curry powder, chillies, salt, vinegar, sugar. Toss until pork is coated in spice mixture and until spices are fragrant.
- Add hot water, and cover pan with lid. Simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours until pork is very tender.
- Add coconut milk, and stir. Taste and adjust seasoning (salt & pepper) as necessary. Simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice and accompaniments like natural yogurt, cucumber, tomato & onion salad, etc.