Very tasty recipe for Ceylon Pork Curry!
Make and share this Delicious Ceylon Pork Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 20 curry leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 large onions (sliced)
- 5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (chopped)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 kg pork (diced)
- 3 tablespoons ceylon curry powder
- 2 chilies (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 400 ml coconut milk (tinned)
- Add oil to pan.
- Add curry leaves and fenugreek seeds to pan, and fire for a moment or two.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger, and fry over medium heat until golden brown (around 20 minutes).
- Add diced pork, curry powder, chillies, salt, vinegar, sugar. Toss until pork is coated in spice mixture and until spices are fragrant.
- Add hot water, and cover pan with lid. Simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours until pork is very tender.
- Add coconut milk, and stir. Taste and adjust seasoning (salt & pepper) as necessary. Simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice and accompaniments like natural yogurt, cucumber, tomato & onion salad, etc.