Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a personal favourite of mine. I found this recipe in Anjali Vellody's Foodcourt column of the Weekend magazine. Hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
This was even better than I expected! I wasn't too sure about using cheddar with Indian spices, but the combo was really quite good. I used flour tortillas instead of bread and used a little more cheddar than called for, but otherwise followed the recipe closely. Thank you for posting; I'm sure I'll be making this again!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cauliflower, washed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable stock powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken stock powder (I make this by grating a cube of Maggi Vegetable stock with onions)
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, slice grated
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 4 slices white bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add onion and stir-fry until its transparent (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Add cauliflower and stir-fry for 4 minuts.
- Add corriander, cumin, garam masala and red chilli powder.
- Mix in the grated Maggi cube powder.
- Add few tbsps.
- of water to cook the cauliflower.
- Cook until the mixture is dry.
- Add chopped corriander, mint and grated cheese.
- Mix well.
- Transfer this filling onto a plate and allow to cool.
- Divide it into 2 portions.
- Place each portion between 2 bread slices.
- Toast in a sandwich toaster.
- Serve hot.