Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of my favorite vegetable side dishes. Cauliflower and mushrooms in a creamy swiss cheese sauce--yum.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 (7 1/3 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In large saucepan, cook cauliflower in small of water for 6-7 minutes or until tender-crisp; drain well.
- In medium saucepan, sauté green pepper and mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes.
- Add flour; gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Add pimentos and salt.
- Place half of cauliflower in greased 2-quart baking dish; top with half of sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered, at 350°F for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
Delicious! A nice change from the traditional cauliflower and cheese. I loved the mushroom, bell pepper, and pimento additions. The swiss cheese was nice too. Will definitely make again!
good thanks for posting this im always looking for good vegatable dishes