Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My favorite way to make carrots now; I got the recipe from my mom, who made them at Christmas last year. They have a delicious flavor and aren't overly sweet. If you can't find the petite carrots, use regular carrots cut into matchsticks or baby carrots cut lengthwise into halves or quarters.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring often, until soft and transparent.
- If butter begins to brown, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add carrots and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes for crisp-tender.
- Season with a dash of nutmeg and salt & pepper to taste.
I liked these a lot! I don't often make cooked carrots so it was time to do so again. I like them better cooked than raw. These are very good and easy! I will use this recipe again. Thanks for sharing!
These were easy to make. Hubby likes his carrots "cooked" so I followed another reviewer and cooked mine in the microwave before adding to the skillet. I didn't add the nutmeg as I am not a fan. These were good and enjoyed by all.
This was super easy, I like my carrots a little mushier than most people, so I microwaved them for a few minutes before adding them to the skillet. Added a tablespoon of worcheshire sauce, as I thought it needed a little more flavor.