Recipe by Halcyon Eve
My favorite way to make carrots now; I got the recipe from my mom, who made them at Christmas last year. They have a delicious flavor and aren't overly sweet. If you can't find the petite carrots, use regular carrots cut into matchsticks or baby carrots cut lengthwise into halves or quarters.
Top Review by Lainey39
I liked these a lot! I don't often make cooked carrots so it was time to do so again. I like them better cooked than raw. These are very good and easy! I will use this recipe again. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 (12 ounce) bagpetite baby carrots (extra thin baby carrots)
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring often, until soft and transparent.
- If butter begins to brown, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add carrots and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes for crisp-tender.
- Season with a dash of nutmeg and salt & pepper to taste.