Recipe by pixieglenn
This is one of our favorite quick breakfast or snacks!
Top Review by Greeny4444
I got some carrots from my farmer's market, and I have had this recipe saved for a long time, and I couldn't wait to make them. I am not sure how Pamela's muffins and my muffins came out so differently. My batter was the texture of ground beef, and the muffins cooked up (appearance-wise) like little mini meatloaves! I omitted the nuts and substituted 1 cup of the Splenda for brown sugar - which should've given them more moisture. The taste is very good, though, and they freeze really well. I made them for my husband to take to work for a snack. For me, the taste of nutmeg is pretty strong, I might decrease it a bit next time I make these. Maybe I'll try adding 6 oz. of applesauce or yogurt to these, as well. I'm glad I tried it. Thanks!
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooking oil
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Finely shred the carrots.
- Place all ingredients in whatever order you choose into KitchenAid or bowl if you are using hand mixer.
- Blend ingredients for about 2 minutes until well mixed.
- Fill muffin tins to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until fork comes out clean.
- Voila! You are done!