Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is packed with good things - whole wheat flour, flax seed meal and pineapple. This recipe came from Smart Balance Butter and that is the type of butter you should use in this recipe - however you can use any butter you like. It is also good with I can't believe it's not butter.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2⁄3 cup Smart Balance butter spread, softened (Smart Balance 67% buttery spread) or 1⁄2 cup oil (Smart Balance Omega Oil)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can pineapple, crushed (with juice)
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spray 24 medium muffins cups with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl; whisking together. In a separate bowl combine the eggs, applesauce, butter or oil and milk.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple and then add the applesauce mixture to the dry ingredients; stirring just until combined.
- Fold in the grated carrots, nuts and raisins. With a large spoon; fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or just until lightly browned.