Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The most delicious carrot cake recipe I've ever made (:
- 2 cups flour or 2 cups spelt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- orange zest (one small organic orange)
- 1 small banana (mashed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (juice of one small orange)
- 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350F (325F if using glass bakeware).
- Grease a 9 x 9" baking pan very well.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients separately.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients evenly.
- Pour batter into prepared 9 x 9 baking dish (if using muffin pan, line with cupcake papers).
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bread tests done (if using glass bakeware, bake for 50 minutes or until bread tests done).