A wonderful oat crust, topped with apples and nuts baked with a caramel sauce, this is a family favorite! --- servings is only esitmated it will depend on the size you slice the bars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 15 x 10" baking pan.
- 3In a small pan over low heat, melt butter.
- 4In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 2 cups oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and melted butter; mix until crumbly.
- 5Press half of the mixture (about 2-1/2 cups) in the prepared baking pan; bake for 8 minutes.
- 6Set aside the remaining crumbs.
- 7In a small pan over medium heat, combine caramel topping and 1/2 cup flour; bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- 8Spread the apples and the chopped nuts onto the baked crust.
- 9Pour the hot caramel mixture evenly over apples and nuts; sprinkle reserved crumbly mixture evenly over the top of caramel.
- 10Return pan to oven; bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 11Cool completely in the pan.
- 12Cut into bars (refrigeration makes cutting easier).
- 13Store tightly covered.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Caramel Apple Bars
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 35
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 146.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g