Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A wonderful oat crust, topped with apples and nuts baked with a caramel sauce, this is a family favorite! --- servings is only esitmated it will depend on the size you slice the bars.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 15 x 10" baking pan.
- In a small pan over low heat, melt butter.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 2 cups oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and melted butter; mix until crumbly.
- Press half of the mixture (about 2-1/2 cups) in the prepared baking pan; bake for 8 minutes.
- Set aside the remaining crumbs.
- In a small pan over medium heat, combine caramel topping and 1/2 cup flour; bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Spread the apples and the chopped nuts onto the baked crust.
- Pour the hot caramel mixture evenly over apples and nuts; sprinkle reserved crumbly mixture evenly over the top of caramel.
- Return pan to oven; bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in the pan.
- Cut into bars (refrigeration makes cutting easier).
- Store tightly covered.