Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Cabbage rolls taste so good, but can require a lot of work. This casserole is easy to make and does not require all of the hard work cabbage rolls do.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 1⁄2 lbs cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked white rice, not instant
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium high heat until redness is gone. Drain off fat. In a large mixing bowl combine the onion, tomato sauce, cabbage, rice and salt. Add the drained meat into the mixing bowl and mix all together. Pour mixture into a 9x13 baking dish. Pour broth over meat mixture and bake in the preheated oven, covered, for one hour. Stir, replace cover and bake for another 30 minutes.