Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very much like the broccoli salad from a local deli.
- 8 cups broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup cashews or 1 cup almonds or 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (you can use Splenda)
- Mix all salad ingredients.
- Mix dressing ingredients and pour over salad.
- Mix well.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
We liked this very much, it was a welcome change to the usual, lettuce, tomato, cuccumber etc salad. The different tastes and textures went well together and it was easy to prepare. I only made a very small amount of the dressing because I cut the recipe down to two servings. Since it was cold and wintery here I took the liberty of serving this while the broccoli and bacon were still warm, drizzled a little of the dressing over the top and then and just put some cheddar cheese on top of it all. Please see my rating system: an excellent and versatile salad that works well hot and cold, so can be on the table at all times of year. Easy to make and nicely different. Thanks!!!