Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I've been making this stuffing for quite a few years now, and it's delicious. It has something for everyone. This makes ALOT, I usually get a 13"x9" pan full, and one a bit smaller as well.
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 2 diced yellow onions
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 6 stalk diced celery
- 453.59 g sliced mushrooms
- 2 bag cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml chopped parsley
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
- 6 Italian sausages, removed from casing,cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 236.59 ml diced apple (optional)
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries or 236.59 ml raisins (I add all of these, but use cranberries, not raisins) (optional)
- Heat oven to 325°.
- In a large saute pan, heat the butter and oil.
- Add onions, green onions, and celery; saute until tender.
- Add mushrooms and saute 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a LARGE mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and any optional ingredients at this point.
- Stir well.
- Spoon into shallow baking pan, cover with foil, and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, until crusty and golden brown.
This was a delicious recipe. I made it for Thanksgiving and loved it. It has a pinch of a citrus taste and its so different yet so good. I will make this one again. Very delicious recipe. Thank you, leeannr.
great..easy... makes alot... i doubled it just to have alot...
I made this stuffing the first time last Thanksgiving because I was only cooking for my husband and me so I decided to try something new instead of using the recipe that everyone else is used to and which I find kind of boring. I was a little hesitant about the canned soups, but I was intrigued by the use of the citrus juices so I gave it a try. I made it exactly as written and I added the cranberries. The citrus juices freshened and brightened the taste...it was so good. We had lots of leftovers but we liked it so much, that was no problem. I'm going to make it again this Thanksgiving because I don't think it's so different from traditional that the rest of the family will dislike it, but it is different too. Thank you for posting this delicious recipe!