Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I've been making this stuffing for quite a few years now, and it's delicious. It has something for everyone. This makes ALOT, I usually get a 13"x9" pan full, and one a bit smaller as well.
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 2 diced yellow onions
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 6 stalk diced celery
- 453.59 g sliced mushrooms
- 2 bag cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml chopped parsley
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
- 6 Italian sausages, removed from casing,cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 236.59 ml diced apple (optional)
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries or 236.59 ml raisins (I add all of these, but use cranberries, not raisins) (optional)
- Heat oven to 325°.
- In a large saute pan, heat the butter and oil.
- Add onions, green onions, and celery; saute until tender.
- Add mushrooms and saute 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a LARGE mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and any optional ingredients at this point.
- Stir well.
- Spoon into shallow baking pan, cover with foil, and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, until crusty and golden brown.