Recipe by ciao
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I've been making this stuffing for quite a few years now, and it's delicious. It has something for everyone. This makes ALOT, I usually get a 13"x9" pan full, and one a bit smaller as well.
Top Review by Gingerbear
This was a delicious recipe. I made it for Thanksgiving and loved it. It has a pinch of a citrus taste and its so different yet so good. I will make this one again. Very delicious recipe. Thank you, leeannr.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 diced yellow onions
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 6 stalks diced celery
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 bags cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 6 Italian sausages, removed from casing,cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1 cup diced apple (optional)
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup raisins (I add all of these, but use cranberries, not raisins) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°.
- In a large saute pan, heat the butter and oil.
- Add onions, green onions, and celery; saute until tender.
- Add mushrooms and saute 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a LARGE mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and any optional ingredients at this point.
- Stir well.
- Spoon into shallow baking pan, cover with foil, and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, until crusty and golden brown.