Recipe by AB_Fan
You can use bratwurst, Italian sausage, polska kielbasa, weisswurst, or even breakfast sausage for this recipe. It's a delicious way to use up those extra brats in your freezer, and tastes wonderful in the winter when grilling season seems far, far away.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 large bratwursts, uncooked and cut up into half inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté celery and onion in small amount of olive oil or vegetable oil until partially done, about 5-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Using the same pan you used for the celery, cook the brat pieces over medium high heat until no pink remains and they are cooked through. Drain off any grease.
- In a well buttered 2-quart casserole dish, layer potatoes, then brats, then celery and onions, then green beans.
- Mix the milk with the soup, stir well to combine, and pour over layered ingredients in the casserole dish.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour 30 minutes, uncovered.
- If desired, increase the amount of brats for a meatier meal.