Recipe by shadowgirl...
These are a wonderful appetizer that will make you look brilliant to your guests. It's easy too. Dates, blue cheese, almonds & pesto. As if that weren't enough let's wrap the whole thing up in bacon. That's right bacon. I hope you enjoy. Please let me know.
- 24 large dates (pitted)
- 6 ounces blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1⁄3 cup almonds (chopped or slithered)
- 1 ounce prepared pesto sauce
- 8 pieces applewood bacon (cut in thirds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Applewood Bacon halfway. Best when baked but you can fry. (If you don't have applewood sprinkle a small amount of brown sugar on bacon).
- Put blue cheese, almond & small amount of pesto in bowl.
- Make slit in the date and stuff with cheese mixture.
- Wrap with bacon. (secure with toothpick if needed).
- When you're ready to serve cook for 10 minutes on 325 or until bacon is cooked.