1/5 Photos of Delicious Blue Cheese Broccoli Casserole
This dish has been served every year at my holiday dinner table, I double the recipe and sometimes even triple depending on how many people I have at my table, there is never anything left and I always receive rave reviews all around! --- two small cloves fresh minced garlic may also be added in and sauteed for one minute in butter before adding in the flour--- you will also find this recipe on my food blog http://kittencalskitchen.com/2009/09/15/blue-cheese-broccoli-bake/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled (for a milder blue cheese flavor reduce to 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half
- fresh ground black pepper (optional and to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a medium casserole dish.
- 3Steam broccoli florets until firm-tender (about 2-3 minutes) drain well then pat dry with paper towels.
- 4In a large saucepan melt 2 tbsp butter over med-low heat; add in flour and stir for 1 minute.
- 5Add cream cheese, blue cheese and milk; stir over low heat until melted and smooth, then add/stir in broccoli.
- 6Mix 6 tbsp melted butter with the cracker crumbs until well combined.
- 7Stir in 1 cup cracker mixture into the broccoli mixture.
- 8Season with black pepper if desired.
- 9Pour mixture into a casserole dish.
- 10Cover with foil or a lid and bake for 15 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven then sprinkle the top with remaining cracker crumbs.
- 12Return to oven and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- 13Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Blue Cheese Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.4
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 113.5 mg
- Sodium 578.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ritz cracker crumbs