1/1 Photo of Delicious Big Bowl - Quinoa Recipe
Dona England's Note:
This is from Super Natural Cooking by Heidi Swanson. I love to make this on the week end and take leftovers for lunch. I often substitute pine nuts for walnuts. Her recipes are at www.101cookbooks.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the quinoa, water and walt to a boil in a large heavy bottomed pot. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. If there is any liquid left in the pan, drain if off.
- 2Warm a splash of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat, then add the potatoes and a couple pinches of salt. Toss to coat the potatoes and cover for a few minutes to allow the potatoes to sweat and cook. Uncover the pan, toss aga, then cook a few minutes longer uncovered, until the potatoes start to get some color. Continue tossing every few minutes to get color and crispness.
- 3Whenthey are cooked through and pleasantly crunch, season to taste with salt and scoop out onto a plate.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In the same skilled warm another splash of oil.
- 6Add the onions and garlic and cook 4-5 minutes.
- 7Toss the quinoa with a splash of olive oil.
- 8Combine quinoa, potatoes, onions, nuts and asparagus.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Big Bowl - Quinoa Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.3
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 628.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 21.3 g