Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Super Natural Cooking by Heidi Swanson. I love to make this on the week end and take leftovers for lunch. I often substitute pine nuts for walnuts. Her recipes are at www.101cookbooks.com
- Bring the quinoa, water and walt to a boil in a large heavy bottomed pot. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. If there is any liquid left in the pan, drain if off.
- Warm a splash of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat, then add the potatoes and a couple pinches of salt. Toss to coat the potatoes and cover for a few minutes to allow the potatoes to sweat and cook. Uncover the pan, toss aga, then cook a few minutes longer uncovered, until the potatoes start to get some color. Continue tossing every few minutes to get color and crispness.
- Whenthey are cooked through and pleasantly crunch, season to taste with salt and scoop out onto a plate.
- Set aside.
- In the same skilled warm another splash of oil.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Toss the quinoa with a splash of olive oil.
- Combine quinoa, potatoes, onions, nuts and asparagus.
This was a definate 5 from my DH and I. We had left overs, and we found that we didn't enjoy it as much the next day, so will probably make half next time. I just noticed that I actually did cut the recipe in half, so next time will cut it more. Thanks for the recipe Rae!