Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These biscuits rise lovely and taste wonderful --- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese may be added into the flour mixture before adding the beer, yield is only esimated.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
As usual very nice recipe Kitten, I wanted to try something differant for DH and this was it, I wasn't disappointedd. Very light, flakey biscuit that went well with butter and my canned blackberry jam. I used butter flavore Crisco for the shorting and that worke well. Just made the hour long refrigeration and glad I did as it gave the yeast in the beer time to rise. We all enjoyed this and will be making again.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup beer (use a light coloured beer)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl sift all dry ingredients together.
- Using a pastry cutter cut in shortening until cornmeal consistancy, then stir in beer.
- Knead lightly, then gather into a large shaped ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 1 or more hours before forming dough.
- Pat the dough into about 1-1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut out with biscuit cutter.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Set oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bake for 10-12 mins, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.