Recipe by stella artois!
I made these for passover this year, and they were a hit! They have a slight chocolate flavor, but the banana and walnut stand out more. They taste a little like oatmeal cookies with the flavor of banana walnut muffins. I would make them all year around! ( note, the sweeter the chocolate you use, the less sugar needed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups matzo meal
- 1 1⁄2 cups matzo farfel
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup walnuts (cut into halves)
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips (dark or bittersweet) or 3⁄4 cup a chunk baking chocolate
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 3 large eggs or 3 large egg substitute
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chocolate in a metal bowl over a boiling saucepan of water (double boiler). When the chocolate starts to dissolve, add in the milk and mix together. When the chocolate is completely mixed and uniform, take off boiling water. Put the bowl on another saucepan of icewater.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingrediants except the eggs. Mix well, add in chocolate (which should not be hot).
- Taste, add sugar if needed.
- Mix in the eggs. Mixture shouldn't be too wet or too dry.
- Scoop pressed tablespoons of mixture onto greased cookie sheets, spread a few inches apart. (The cookies will expand a lot).
- Bake at 350 degrees from 15-20 minutes, till golden edges and a toothpick comes out clean.