Recipe by RobertGoodman
This is my favorite recipe for banana bread, passed on from one of my best friends parents. This recipe is not only simple, but perfect banana bread. You don't even need for a mixer. Enjoy.
- 3 -4 ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mash the bananas and place in a large mixing bowl.
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into mashed bananas.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix inches
- Add the flour last, and mix.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack.
- Remove from pan and slice to serve.