Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The banana bread my mom used to make me when my brothers and I were kids.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 -4 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and honey.
- Add beaten eggs, and mashed bananas, combine well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking bowder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Add chocolate chips, mix well.
- Pour batter onto a greased or floured loaf pan, or muffin tins.
- Bake for 1 hour, if baking loaf.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, if baking muffins.
- Check the middle of loaf or muffins with toothpick to make sure they are done.