1 hr 15 mins
If you are a salmon lover, this is a recipe that you will love. Note this recipe yields 2 salmon fillets, but the recipe may be doubled if desired. Prep time includes marinating time for the fish... also cooking time is approx.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 3/4 cup creole mustard or 3/4 cup any other coarse grain mustard
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream (added later)
- 1In a saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients (EXPECT THE SOUR CREAM); simmer until very thick, stirring frequently (about 5 minutes), keep warm.
- 2Arrange the fish fillets (skin-side down) in single layer on a a small cookie sheet or a shallow pan, lined with foil.
- 3Mix 1/4 cup melted butter with brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, wine and seasonings in a bowl.
- 4Pour over the fish; cover with foil, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 5Remove from the fridge.
- 6Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 7Uncover the fish; bake until JUST cooked through, basting with pan drippings.
- 8Meanwhile, rewarm the sauce over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 9Add in 1 cup sour cream; whisk JUST until heated through (DO NOT BOIL!) Arrange the salmon on the plate; serve with sauce-- delicious!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Baked Salmon With Creole Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1836.8
- Calories from Fat 1061
- Total Fat 117.9 g
- Saturated Fat 60.9 g
- Cholesterol 629.3 mg
- Sodium 3488.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 149.2 g