Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are a salmon lover, this is a recipe that you will love. Note this recipe yields 2 salmon fillets, but the recipe may be doubled if desired. Prep time includes marinating time for the fish... also cooking time is approx.
Top Review by Soobeeoz
Delicious & very easy to prepare. I left the fillets in the oven for around twenty minutes and they were perfect: cooked through as we like them to be, and very moist. I'm not overly keen on mustard and it is quite prevalent in this dish, but I found the sauce to be exceptionally moreish. The sauce & marinade ingredients, as listed, could easily accomodate four to six serves. Thank you for a great recipe!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 3⁄4 cup creole mustard or 3⁄4 cup any other coarse grain mustard
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream (added later)
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) center cut salmon fillets (skin on, can use one more fillet if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (unsalted preferably)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients (EXPECT THE SOUR CREAM); simmer until very thick, stirring frequently (about 5 minutes), keep warm.
- Arrange the fish fillets (skin-side down) in single layer on a a small cookie sheet or a shallow pan, lined with foil.
- Mix 1/4 cup melted butter with brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, wine and seasonings in a bowl.
- Pour over the fish; cover with foil, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge.
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Uncover the fish; bake until JUST cooked through, basting with pan drippings.
- Meanwhile, rewarm the sauce over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add in 1 cup sour cream; whisk JUST until heated through (DO NOT BOIL!) Arrange the salmon on the plate; serve with sauce-- delicious!