Recipe by Megan V
I adapted this recipe from one I got from Taste of Home. It is so delicious and has the perfect creamy consistency! I love it topped with shredded cheddar cheese and chopped fresh green onions. Enjoy!
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes at 350 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until tender; cool completely.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; whisk in sour cream.
- Add potatoes and green onions.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and additional green onions.