Recipe by Helping Hands
This is a lovely breakfast to serve if you are having guests over for brunch, have overnight guests, or are serving an early breakfast on Christimas Day, before an afternoon or evening dinner. I originally found this recipe in a magazine and could not resist how delicious, and easy, it sounded. It is a simple, sweet, and impressive dish, one that can be made the night before and baked the next morning for added ease and simplicity. Please note that the prep/cooking time does not include the chill time.
- 1 (16 ounce) cinnamon-swirl bread, cubed (Pepperidge Farm is a great brand to use)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries (may substitute rasins)
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- cinnamon sugar, to taste
- butter, softened or whipped,to taste
- maple syrup, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease large baking dish.
- Place bread cubes and cranberries in baking dish.
- In seperate small bowl, mix together beaten eggs, Half and Half, and vanilla extract.
- Pour over bread and cranberries.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least for one hour).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Uncover and bake for 45 mins, or until it is set and golden brown in color.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar, to taste, and serve with butter and Maple Syrup.