Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
The chicken has a great flavor and is always very moist. My husband's favorite chicken recipe.
- 1360.77 g broiler-fryer chickens, cut-up
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml ground mustard
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- Place chicken in a greased 13x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- In a saucepan, whisk flour and water until smooth.
- Stir in brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
This recipe is delicious! My family raved about the flavor and yes, this is another hubby pleasing dish!! The sauce is excellent and could be used on pork ribs too. Oooh...I can taste them now. Regardless what you put the sauce on, it is homemade and tastes better than anything store bought.
Good and easy to do. I used two big chicken breasts. It took alittle longer to cook (about a hour) but I anticipated that so it was just fine.
very moist chicken and tasty too-the only concern is that it will not appeal to someone who does not like their chicken a bit "sweet".