Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious side dish, I make this recipe quite often, and my family just loves it! (note: prep time includes the first cooking of the grits)
- 2 cups yellow corn grits (not quick or instant grits)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Set oven to 350 degrees Butter an 8-inch square baking pan Prepare the grits according to package directions Add in butter, salt, pepper, garlic and cheese Mix until the butter and cheese are melted In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the milk; add to the grits, mix well Transfer the mixture into a prepared baking dish Bake for 1 hour, or until the mixture sets Serve immediately.
I loved this dish and even the leftovers heated up nicely for my breakfast the next morning. Very rich and creamy. Made for Recipe Tag.