These roll-ups are simply delicious! they make a great finger food for parties and gatherings and are quite simple to prepare, if you are not a lover of blue cheese you may omit, you may also add in some finely crumbled bacon to the cream cheese mixture :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 large canned asparagus spears (use the largest spears as possible)
- 16 slices whole wheat sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 -3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, finely minced
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- 1Set oven to 400°F.
- 2Grease a baking sheet.
- 3Flatten bread with a rolling pin.
- 4In a bowl combine the cream cheese with blue cheese, garlic and green onions.
- 5Spread about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on each slice of bread.
- 6Top with asparagus spear then roll up tightly.
- 7Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- 8Brush with butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 9Cut roll-ups in half.
- 10Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Asparagus Roll Ups
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.1
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 125.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g