Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These roll-ups are simply delicious! they make a great finger food for parties and gatherings and are quite simple to prepare, if you are not a lover of blue cheese you may omit, you may also add in some finely crumbled bacon to the cream cheese mixture :)
- 16 large canned asparagus spears (use the largest spears as possible)
- 16 slices whole wheat sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 -3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese with blue cheese, garlic and green onions.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on each slice of bread.
- Top with asparagus spear then roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cut roll-ups in half.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.