Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These roll-ups are simply delicious! they make a great finger food for parties and gatherings and are quite simple to prepare, if you are not a lover of blue cheese you may omit, you may also add in some finely crumbled bacon to the cream cheese mixture :)
Top Review by CIndytc
These were very very good, though I would not use the canned asparagus again as mine was mushy and hard to work with...I will use either blanched or frozen next time, but the taste and presentation was great!
- 16 large canned asparagus spears (use the largest spears as possible)
- 16 slices whole wheat sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 -3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese with blue cheese, garlic and green onions.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on each slice of bread.
- Top with asparagus spear then roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cut roll-ups in half.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.