1/2 Photos of Delicious Asian Chicken Salad With Chow Mein Noodles
A delicious and easy to make salad, I sometimes add in a tablespoon of peanut butter to the dressing, plan ahead the dressing must refrigerate for a couple of hours in advance to blend flavors, it may be doubled if desired -- the salad may be prepared in advance but do not add in the dressing or orange segments until just before serving, prep time does not include cooking the chicken, all amounts may be adjusted to taste :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons canned mandarin juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 -4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 small romaine lettuce, torn in pieces (or use a iceberg lettuce, chopped)
- 4 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (shredded or chopped)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 2 cups dry chow mein noodles (can use more or less)
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds or 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- canned mandarin oranges (drained, reserve 2 teaspoons juice for the dressing)
- 1Mix all dressing ingredients until well combined; refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- 2In a large bowl combine the lettuce with chicken, green onions, dry noodles, carrot and slivered almonds or chopped peanuts; mix to combine.
- 3Pour on the dressing; toss to combine.
- 4Top with mandarin orange segments.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Asian Chicken Salad With Chow Mein Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.7
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 235.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 22.0 g