Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Wonderful taste! A tender, succulent roast from the crock pot is the answer to your dinner dreams. Put on to cook before leaving for work and it's ready to eat when you get home!
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 (18 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- Mix broth, preserves, onion and mustard in slow cooker.
- Add pork and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours or until done.
- Is good served with steamed broccoli and carrots, baked potato and warm dinner rolls.
I used 1.8lbs of boneless pork loin pieces (ended up being 6 porkchops basically). Threw it all in the crockpot on low for 4 hours, and it was done. Added about 2 tbls of cornstarch to thicken up the gravy at the end. Served with homemade rolls and red potato mashed potatoes with most of the skins removed. Mmmmm!
This was easy to make and very delicious. I used pure fruit preserves to cut down on the sugars, but otherwise followed the directions. This pork was so fall-apart tender. I served with a mug of veggie soup. Delicious and heartwarming. Thank you!
We were really happy with the way this recipe turned out. Did make a few changes...used homemade peach jam and left out the broth. I also poked holes in the roast and put it in the crockpot on high for about 5 hours. I then strained the juice and reduced it by about half and added 1 Tbsp. butter to use as a sauce to serve. We all loved it and can't wait to use the leftovers!