Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A friend of mind gave me a bag of apples, so I came up with this recipe. It came out looking like a magazine picture. No leftovers on this one!
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Line a 9.5 inch tart pan with puff pastry sheet, pressing it against the sides of the pan.
- prick the bottom of the pan all over with a fork.
- arrange sliced apples in the pan over lapping in 2 layers.
- brush with the melted butter.
- combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the apples evenly.
- bake at 350 until pastry is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- mix together the honey and vanilla and drizzle over the tart.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.
- allow to cool before eating.